Over time, different dental problems can appear that we will have to solve as soon as possible to avoid major damages such as losing a tooth and needing dental implants . The crowns or dental crowns are one of the possible solutions to preserve each tooth . You may be interested in this topic because you are looking for a dental crown budget according to your pocket or because you want to know what types of covers exist and what each one is for. In that case, continue reading this post because we tell you everything you need to know about the subject.
Do you already know how to choose a dental crown?
As you can see, dental covers are very important to take care of our dental health and to avoid the loss of teeth or teeth. Therefore, going to the dentist as soon as possible is a fundamental issue. If you do not have a quality clinic and you need this type of dental treatment , we invite you to know Best Dental Clinic In Dubai. They are providing dental service is the most complete and economical because quality should not be at odds with an expensive price. Contact us and avail yourself of good discounts at the best dental clinics in your city.
A dental cover is a structure tailored to each patient, imitating the shape and color of their teeth. It is used to cover a tooth that has some type of flaw and fits perfectly on it. The result is usually very natural, so it gives the appearance of being a real piece.
A dental crown may be necessary in different situations, although the most frequent are:
- To cover a damaged dental piece that is missing some part because of an endodontic or filling. In some cases, the crown is placed on a bolt or metal stud, or on a fiberglass reconstruction.
- To hold a dental bridge in case there are missing teeth or teeth around.
- Crown on dental implant to complete it.
- To cover a tooth or a tooth with bad appearance, that is, for aesthetic reasons.
In addition to aesthetic utility, the crowns serve to protect the tooth below. This way we can eat with total normality without fear that the damaged wheel will suffer fractures or damages.
Types of dental crowns: what is the price of each one?
As we explained, a dental crown may be necessary in different cases, so there are different types of covers depending on each situation.
Porcelain and ceramic cases: the most used
These types of dental crowns are the most demanded because they mimic the appearance of the tooth very well. Therefore, they are very natural once placed and it is barely noticeable that it is a coating. They are resistant, although not as resistant as other materials.
Resin dental crown as an economical or provisional solution
Composite resins are not recommended for the manufacture of covers because they are not very resistant and tend to fracture. It is true that they are cheaper than the rest, but the resistance is much lower. For this reason they are sometimes used as a temporary solution until the definitive cover is ready.
Recommended Article: Your Dental Crown Procedure: What To Expect
An aesthetic alternative: zirconium crowns
It is a material with qualities similar to those of natural tooth enamel. It lets the light pass in the same way and the appearance resembles that of the molars. They are the most used to cover visible teeth when smiling, but they are not recommended for molars since zirconium is not the most resistant material. We will get this type of dental crown for about 450 euros.
Metal dental crown for life
The metal covers can be made of different materials :
- Platinum and nickel
These metals are very resistant but not very aesthetic. They tend to last a lifetime but seeing a metal or golden colored wheel is not what they like the most, so they are no longer used. In addition, the gold ones are very expensive.
You may also like: How Many Calories Are There In An Apple?
Combined materials: porcelain crown on metal
They are perfect for those cases in which the wheel is very affected. The base that is fitted on the root is metal, which gives it great strength. Above it is the visible part, which is porcelain to look like a real tooth. If the patient suffers from retracted gums, this dental crown is not recommended because the metal part can be seen. It can also happen that the porcelain wears with the passage of time and ends up seeing the metal base. The prices of crowns of this type are around 300 euros.
Stainless steel for dental metal crown in children
They are only used on milk teeth too damaged to find another solution. To avoid it, it is better that we take the children to an annual review. In case of detecting any caries or problem, there will be other previous solutions and less drastic.
Recommendations on the dental crown and its prices
The prices of which we speak in this post are estimates. The amount to pay depends a lot on the city in which the dental clinic is located where they treat us. It even depends on the dentist who treats us. Thus, in large cities, prices can be more competitive because there are more places to go. On the other hand, the quality of the dental service that they offer also varies the price.
I need a dental crown, what is the process to follow?
First of all, whenever we detect discomfort or dental problems, we must go to the dentist. This professional will be the one who tells us the steps to follow. In the case of needing a dental crown, the usual thing is:
- Most of the time, we need a dental cover because we have lost an important part of the tooth after a root canal . If so, we will have to wait a few days after the endodontist has given us this treatment.
- It is likely that before putting on a case, the dentist must put a bolt that supports it. In most cases it will be metal, although more and more are made of fiberglass. If it is going to be metallic, the dentist will place a paste on our teeth to make a mold as it will then send to the laboratory. There they will manufacture the exact bolt we need and in a week it will be ready for us to put it on.
- When we have the pin fixed on the molar, the dentist will carve it and will take impressions from our mouth again to send them to the laboratory. In addition, it will measure the color of our enamel so that the dental crown that they are going to manufacture is the most similar to our enamel. With the mold and the exact color, they will create a custom-made wheel, with the necessary materials and shape depending on our bite.
- Once the dental crown is received , the dentist will fix it on the pin with a very resistant glue. Thus, we can eat and smile normally, as if it were a tooth of our own.
Sometimes it is possible to place the dental crown directly on the wheel, without the need for endodontics or bolt.
How long is a dental crown?
The covers on the teeth can last more than 30 years , although the usual thing is to endure in perfect conditions between 15 and 20 years. This will depend on our occlusion or bite and what we take care of our dental health. For example, if we need orthodontics because our teeth are dislodged, we are more at risk of the sheath moving or fracturing with the passage of time.
On the other hand, good oral hygiene also helps to preserve the covers. Washing our teeth 3 times a day, flossing at night and getting a dental cleaning once a year are some guidelines to get a good routine to help us keep all our teeth, crowns and implants in the best conditions. If you are still not convinced of the importance of oral hygiene, click here to learn more about the subject.
We must emphasize that if we suffer from any dental disease such as pyorrhea or if we have a bone problem, it is likely that the covers will come off more easily.